Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blue Man Group


Last night I went with Carol (my mother-in-law), Juanita (Garrett's Grandma) and Juanita's friend Betty to Blue Man Group.  Carol, Juanita and Betty had the 8 performance plan for the Denver Performing Arts and I did half of the shows this year. This show was supposed to be 101 Dalmations.  I don't think 101 Dalmations did very well and they ended up cancelling the National Tour.

Well, Blue Man Group was quite the experience. There is very loud music and effects and I don't think the same demographics for 101 Dalmations apply to Blue Man Group.  There were a lot of technology and music references that not everyone appreciated.  I really enjoyed the show but we all agreed that they probably should have given people the choice to see another show when they cancelled 101. The plus side is that it was a 90 minute show so I didn't have to worry about needing to go the restroom mid-show.  The bad news was that it started at 8pm and there was no time that I could stretch my legs. My back was really hurting by the end of the show. I don't think I'll be attending another performance this late in a pregnancy again.  Sitting in a crowded area where you can't stand or move around was difficult and not enjoyable. Also, by the time I got to bed it was nearly 11- that's twice in about 4 days that I've stayed up late with no nap but today I didn't get to sleep in either. Not fun.

Anyway, even though I only attended 4 shows here is my order of favorites:
1. Mary Poppins
2. In The Heights
3. Blue Man Group
4. Mama Hated Diesels  (this was not a good show).

We also attended For Girls Only over the summer and had a good time at that show- it was not included in the group promotion.

Next year, we will not be doing the 8 Performance Plan however there are a few shows that I definitely don't want to miss....specifically The Lion King! It won't be here until late next year but I can't wait to see it. I've heard so many good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment