Well, last week we hit the "full term" milestone and week 38 seems to have come quickly. Next week is already Christmas and then the next week my Mom will be here and so will my due date. Overall the time is going fairly quickly but every morning when I wake up I slowly make my way out of bed and it feels like the time is not moving very quickly at all. Here is what Baby Center says about this week:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
I also think Barney is getting ready for Baby. He has been very cuddly with me and last night he insisted on sleeping up by my face. I refused to share my pillow with him but our bed was full with my husband, me and my big pregnant belly and 60 pound dog all trying to share a queen size bed. Usually when he's down by our feet we don't really notice him but when he was trying to cuddle into me at my waist and higher there wasn't much room for me.
Hoping to post about our newest addition soon. I know Baby will come when Baby is good and ready but I'm definitely ready to meet him or her. If Baby comes early it will be wonderful, if Baby comes on time my Mom will be here so it's really a win/win. If Baby comes late...well I'm going to be optimistic at this point even though statistically 1st babies tend to be late. Wishful thinking til the end for me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment