Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I have been delaying writing about our weekend in the Durango area because we forgot our camera. Unfortunately, Amanda also forgot her camera. We did buy disposable cameras but I think Amanda went home with both of them on accident. I'll try and get them from her when she's here in a couple weeks.

Barney enjoyed meeting and playing with Stella. When we do get those cameras I'm fairly certain you'll wonder if there were any humans on the trip. Barney had a bad experience with a little boy at the next campsite over. Julian started out being very friendly with Barney and then a switch flipped or something because a moment later he started hitting Barney. Luckily Barney was more scared and had his tail between his legs. The parents weren't the best regarding discipline for that behavior. He had about a minute time out and then he ran over to Barney again and tried driving his matchbox cars on Barney's head. Barney did not enjoy that AT ALL and so we had to move Barney away from the mean little boy.

The weekend mostly consisted of hanging out, playing games and for Garrett and I a lot of driving. Barney was a champ in the car. We kept him crated and he was just fine for the 6 hours of driving time on the way there (about another hour for stops) and 7 (with another hour of stops) on the way home. We were very proud of him but I don't think we'll be doing another long car ride for some time. Maybe a trip to Albuquerque once football season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment