On Saturday Barney and I ventured over to Garrett's game. I met Carol (Garrett's mom) there and it was a pretty good game. Garrett has a former Bronco's son on his team and he was VERY vocal in cheering for the O line which we thought was a nice change of pace. It ended up being a closer game than we thought. Grandview scored first and missed the extra point. 6-0. Then we got a safety. 8-0. Cherokee Trail then scored and missed the two point conversion. 8-6. Then Grandview NEARLY got another safety. For a long time we thought they did get the safety but apparently they called him down inches from the end zone. Then Grandview scored again and missed the extra point again. 14-6. Cherokee Trail scored and made the 2 point conversion so the score was 14-14. We went into overtime and Grandview got the ball first scored the touchdown and got the 2 point conversion. Grandview's defense took over and prevented the score. Big win. I was very proud of Barney because he was a good boy for the whole game. I thought there was some grass on at least one of the sides of the bleachers but it turned out to be astroturf. Luckily Barney was able to use some grass after the game but the bathrooms were closed so I had to wait to get home.
Yesterday Garrett's B team played and they won as well. Go Wolves!
No comments:
Post a Comment