Happy Thanksgiving to all who read my blog. This year has been such a wonderful year for us and I'd like to take a moment to share what I have been most thankful for this year.
1. Despite losing my dear Gramma Alma- it was so nice to go back to MN and spend time celebrating her life with so many family members and friends. She was an amazing person who taught me so much and with her Birthday being on Thanksgiving some years I will think of her every Thanksgiving. I am grateful to have had her in my life for 28 years.
2. Celebrating our 1st Anniversary together. We re-lit our unity candle and had a wonderful dinner of Lasagna and Champagne.
3. Celebrating Garrett's Nana's 90th Birthday in Dayton with almost the entire Welfare side of the family. Sean was with us in spirit as he was busy enjoying studying abroad in Argentina.
4. Finding out we were pregnant. It is such a miracle and we are so grateful to be able to start a family.
5. Sharing the news with our parents and siblings. Baby Welfare will be very fortunate to have 4 Grandma's 3 Grandpa's, 3 Great Grandparents, 3 Aunties and 1 Uncle. This Baby is already very loved!
6. Celebrating Garrett's 30th Birthday in Las Vegas. We had wonderful food and enjoyed the Beatles Love Show. I was still in the midst of a nauseous 1st trimester so I spent the weekend feeling hungover while my husband and friends were actually hungover.
7. Going to Vail to celebrate a beautiful wedding. Vail is such a beautiful place and I feel fortunate to live in a state where we can see these amazing places with just a short drive. Truly Amazing.
8. Ultrasounds and Fetal Doppler. Seeing our baby in utero was an absolute miracle and hearing his or her heartbeat has been even more amazing. I first heard that whoosh, whoosh, whoosh at 8 weeks and I'm not sure I've ever heard anything more beautiful. The first time we saw legs, feet, hands and especially the cute little baby face is one of this years greatest blessings. We hope we get to meet him or her this year but if it happens next year instead so be it. We can't wait either way.
9. A great "staycation" in Denver. We enjoyed staying Downtown and going to see King Tut, going out for a nice dinner and meeting up with Sean and his friends. We met up with them as we were heading back to the hotel after dinner and they were just starting the night. Interesting how a few short years ago we would have been doing the same.
10. The ability to receive excellent veterinary care for a very sick doggy. We were so worried about Barney but when we got our dog back we knew every dollar was well spent.
11. Getting promoted at work. It feels very good to be recognized and appreciated for working hard.
12. Doggy Classes- It is so nice to know how to better handle Barney and his bouts of naughtiness.
13. I am grateful for wonderful health care and coverage throughout my pregnancy.
14. All the small things that make life great- the other morning Garrett and I were able to enjoy a simple breakfast of cereal together. Sitting at the table having breakfast together is such a simple thing but it really was wonderful.
15. New Appliances! We are so fortunate to be able to buy a new fancy dishwasher and a new washer and dryer this year.
16. A furnace that is seeming to cooperate and should hold up for at least this winter. If nothing else, we are prepared to have to buy a new furnace and the element of surprise is not a good thing when it comes to needing a new furnace.
17. New and reliable vehicles. Garrett and I are thrilled to be driving newer safer vehicles as we get ready to bring our Baby home.
18. Heartburn, Leg Cramps and all the other less than great aspects of pregnancy. You have to take the good with the bad and so I am grateful to be experiencing all of it.
19. Kicks, Nudges, Hiccups and all the movements of a healthy fetus. We love feeling him or her move and shift throughout the day.
20. Family- We have been so fortunate to spend time with family this year. Mom and Bob came to visit in June and we had a great time with them here. Dad and Betty came to visit for a night shortly thereafter. Amanda was able to make many trips from Albuquerque and has been here twice for work since she moved to California and Krista, Amanda and Mom were all able to be here a couple weeks ago for a long weekend. We can't wait to have more family here when we welcome the latest addition.
21. Family Continued- I am so grateful to have Garrett's Mom and Grandparents close by. We have enjoyed watching Garrett coach his football team this year. I have enjoyed going out for lunch afterwards even more. It is really great to be able to spend time with wonderful people. Likewise, we've been able to see Greg, Patti, Sean and Kenzie several times and even got to watch Sean play Rugby. Watching Rugby is sort of like watching a sport in a foreign language. Lots of Rucks and other words that we didn't quite know what was going on but we had Greg "translating."
22. Barney- Barney is such a blessing for us. With Garrett having an allergy we have not had any issues with having Barney. This is truly amazing and I am so happy to have this little guy in our lives. He makes everything interesting. Lately, he has been sleeping in our room and a couple times a night he likes to check to see what we're doing. When we say Barney go lay down or go to your bed he goes right back to bed. I like to think that he's preparing us for when Baby will be interrupting our sleep in just a few short weeks.
23. Generosity- I am thankful for the generosity of our family and friends. We are so blessed to be welcoming a baby to our family with so much help. Car Seat/Stroller Travel System, Glider/Ottoman, Crib, Crib Mattress, Bassinet, Pack N Play, Swing, Jumperoo, Playmat, Blankets, Towels, Washcloths, Pacifiers, Diapers, Teething Rings, and especially all the custom made clothes, sheets, quilts, and pillows that our mothers made. We are so fortunate to have so many people helping us prepare for this miracle.
24. Finally, I am most thankful for a wonderful, understanding and handy husband. He makes everyday better. He teases me for falling asleep early but I know he really does appreciate the changes that are happening as I get bigger and bigger. He still tells me that I look great...even when I'm wearing his old football t-shirts. (I'm also grateful for his size. I haven't needed to buy a maternity coat or any comfortable t-shirts for lounging around the house). As far as being handy, he put up the chair rail in the baby's room, installed our new dishwasher, built us some "pedestals" for the new washer and dryer and has swiftly assembled anything and everything we have gotten for the baby. I know that I have a partner and I am so thankful to have found him and be able to spend my life with him.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment