Sunday, September 19, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Over Labor Day weekend we decided that rather than go away for the weekend or go camping, we would do a staycation with a night downtown.  We planned it out complete with an overnight stay for Barney with a friend.  Saturday afternoon we went to the King Tut exhibit. After exploring King Tut we walked around The Taste of Colorado which was directly outside the Art Museum.  The Taste of Colorado reminded me a lot the State Fair. Lots of good people watching but about 1/10 of the size of the Minnesota State Fair.  What I thought was better than the State Fair (Yep, I said it...BETTER) was that you can buy just a small portion for a few tickets. I think it was like $5 for 8 tickets. Most of the "tastes" were enough for 2 people to try it and it was 3-5 tickets. We tried Italian Meatballs, Beignets, Seafood Fritters, Asian Ribs, Potstickers, some type of Mac and Cheese and then we just bought a couple Lemonades. We got a good taste of a lot of food without spending a fortune or eating a million calories.  After that we headed downtown to check into our hotel.

After checking in we got ready for dinner and walked to the restaurant we had picked. We decided to go to 1515. We both really liked what we ordered ( I had lamb, Garrett had Steak) we also got dessert and I opted for the Root Beer Float. Delicious! After dinner we met up with Sean and some of his friends who had been downtown for the CU/CSU game at Invesco.  We didn't stay at Rock Bottom very long but we did stay long enough to miss the hotel's milk and cookie Happy Hour which I had been looking forward  to checking out.  How great would a milk and cookie Happy Hour have been for a pregnant lady?!? Oh well. We slept in a little, grabbed some breakfast and then decided to head back and pick up Barney.  This would be where the crappy part of our weekend started.

No comments:

Post a Comment