This weekend I decided I was ready to start nesting in the baby's room. This is quite difficult to do when we had not yet ordered the crib and dresser/hutch that we've picked out. I tried looking for decorative pieces for the nursery but Garrett did manage to reason with me that we really need to take care of the furniture piece first. So, this morning, we finally ordered our crib and dresser/changing table/hutch. I can't wait to get started with arranging the room and preparing for baby.
This week I registered us for our Childbirth Class. I wanted to take the one day class vs the 3 consecutive Tuesday night classes. With Garrett's coaching schedule our choices were pretty limited on which classes we could take. Basically, the hospital has one Saturday class in November and one in December. December is cutting it WAY too close for my comfort so November it was. When I got home that night Garrett informed me that they may actually have a freshman game that November Saturday at which point I said tough....we have to take this class, I've mentioned the weekend I was planning several times and we're just going to have to make it work.
Last weekend, I bought coming home outfits. I decided I did not want our baby to come home from the hospital in gender neutral attire. So, I bought one girl outfit and one boy outfit. Luckily I know I will have either Carol or my Mom in town (hopefully both) when baby comes and I know I can count on one of them to wash the baby outfit before we check out of the hospital so I'll still be able to return the outfit that will not be gender appropriate.
Finally, on Saturday morning I managed to go swim laps. I had been talking about going for a couple weeks now and basically I was being a big chicken. I always imagine that people will know that I haven't been there before and be judging me. Well, it's pretty silly to think that anyone at the gym really cares about anything you are doing. Unless you're invading personal space or doing something stupid people are much more concerned with themselves. I was also pleasantly surprised to be able to buy a nice pair of TYR goggles at the gym for only $14.25. I only managed to swim for about 20 minutes but I was pretty pleased with the suit I bought from Motherhood Maternity and overall it felt pretty darn good. Obviously I'm not as fast as I once was but the goal was to get a workout in not to set a world record. Success!
Stay tuned as we set up the nursery and I really get into nesting mode. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment