Today we are at 26 weeks and I have to say, the 2nd trimester is flying by compared to the 1st. We're almost to the 3rd and I think the next few months are going to go by even faster. Hooray...I can't wait to meet this little one.
Here is the baby center excerpt on what is happening now: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days. Reminder....we do NOT know the gender. This information is just a general idea of what the baby is doing in utero.
Yesterday, I remarked to Garrett that the baby was very active. It took me some time to figure it out but I think yesterday was the first time I felt the baby hiccuping. It happened a couple times yesterday and I thought maybe it was baby moving or stretching or something. After reading up a little bit the movements were pretty rhythmic so it was most likely hiccups. I always wondered how pregnant ladies knew the difference and I guess it's one of those things that can't really be explained.
Last night I also had my first gender dream. The dream involved how unprepared I am for the baby's arrival. Basically, I was not doing well because I had to hold the baby at all times because there was no crib or swing, or bassinet, you get the idea. Luckily, my sister Krista was visiting and was very eager to hold the baby. That's right...I'm not telling what the gender was even in the dream because I have heard that it can be indicative of what the actual gender is.
Luckily, I won't have to face the reality of that dream because the crib and dresser/changing table combo are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. We are very excited for the project of setting them up in the baby room. I'm sure Barney will be confused as to why the room that has been empty for so long is now starting to fill up. Barney also likes to "kiss the baby." When I'm lying on the sofa and Barney's nearby I'll often lift up my shirt and tell Barney to kiss the baby and he always eagerly licks the belly. Just one or two kisses...nothing crazy. It's silly but it makes me feel like we're including Barney and preparing him for the adventure that is heading our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment