Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goodbye Hyundai, Hello Nissan!

Well, it has been a busy couple of  weeks. As I mentioned in my last post Garrett went to Vegas last week to help coach the JV in a tournament. He was having lots of fun (except when he was on the bus) until I called Garrett at about 7:00 on Wednesday night when my trusty hail damaged Hyundai Sonata just quit running as I was driving home from work.

I was doing about 40 when the engine stopped working. I glided to a stop and tried multiple times to re-start the car before I really started to worry. After much drama, I was very happy to see Garrett's grandpa arrive. We got the car towed and he brought me to Garrett's car that was at the school. Firestone called us around noon and let us know that it was the timing belt. The only problem is there was no way to tell if there was engine damage caused by the timing belt until we put a new timing belt in. We would have gotten our money back on the parts but not the labor... Well, I'm not much of a gambler and my vehicle was not guaranteed to have something else go shortly thereafter so we decided we better start looking for a new car. Thursday night I took Garrett's Durango to Albuquerque for the weekend and I got back on Sunday night (my ABQ post will have to occur later). So, we started shopping Monday night, went out again Tuesday night and decided to go back to the dealership we went to on Monday and see what kind of price we could get. We were pretty happy about the final price and I'm driving a 2006 Nissan Altima. We knew we liked the size and style of the Altima since I lived with Renee for 4 years and she leased Altima's the entire time. I believe the Hyundai will be given to charity but we just have to finish cleaning it out before we do that. I might even take a few pictures as it gets towed away!

No comments:

Post a Comment