Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Impromptu Afternoon Off

Yesterday was one of the most gorgeous days I've ever experienced in Colorado. It was 80, sunny, with just a little bit of wind at times.  As I drove to work the radio people kept talking about how nice it was going to be. When I arrived at work I was focusing on finishing the month strong. Fortunately technology intervened. We were having severe technical issues and they immediately told us that we needed to stop all non-essential internet use. Okay, not ideal but definitely fine. Then, they determined that the best way to improve the speed and quality of work for the whole office would be to get 5 volunteers from each team to take the rest of the day off (they expect the technical issues to be resolved Wednesday or Thursday). I volunteered and went to lunch with a couple co-workers (and managed to get a severe farmer tan on my right arm) before picking up Barney and heading to the dog park. Barney had a great time and I felt a little better about the fact that he's spending so much time in his crate while Garrett is in Vegas. I hope to post the video I took of Barney drying himself off after his shower.

Last night I attempted to let Barney sleep with me. He's very good in 2 hour increments. Every 2 hours he feels the need to wander around and he was even crying at 4am. So after his now favorite game of "it's late out and I don't want to come back in" he went back in his crate for the last few hours of the night.

Barney and I will be heading to Albuquerque on either Thursday or Early Friday morning to spend Easter weekend with my Mom and Amanda (and Stella).

No comments:

Post a Comment