Monday, April 12, 2010

Nana's 90th Birthday

Garrett and I took a very quick trip to Dayton, OH this past weekend to celebrate his Nana's 90th birthday. We arrived late Friday night and stayed up until about 4am (local time) hanging out with his cousins. Garrett's cousin Kelly and her husband Chris drove up from Charlotte and so we stayed up anxiously awaiting their arrival. Garrett and Tim went golfing on Saturday morning and Garrett walked up to his Nana and said "so I hear we're golfing" she was very surprised to see him. It was a surprise to Nana that we were all coming but before any of you start to worry about surprises for her at the age of 90 we did it gradually with Greg, Patti and Kenzie surprising her the day before. Also it is worth mentioning that Nana did in fact golf 18 holes with the boys. I went to lunch with the rest of the family and did some shopping.

After golf and shopping we went over to Rick and Kathy's house which was absolutely beautiful for more time with the family. Nana's older brother was there to help her celebrate. There were lots of wonderful moments and we were so happy to be there. Here are some of my favorite photos of the weekend:
Me, Nana and Garrett
Kenzie, Lauren and Courtney - by the way Kenzie had been looking at me but in this picture she looks like she doesn't want to be seen with her Reginald cousins.

Garrett and Libby on opposite teams for Bags (or Cornhole)

Nana with her cake
It was a beautiful cake. Sorry I didn't rotate it.
Nana's Great Grandkids wheeling in her presents from her kids.
Nana and her older(93) brother ( I believe his name is Burt).

Nana and Patti
Greg and his Mom
Another one.
Kenzie and Nana (again, sorry it isn't rotated).
Garrett and his Nana.
Jeremy successfully getting the golf ball on the tee.
Garrett and Kenzie also achieved this over the weeked.
I didn't get a photo of Garrett with my camera but he took it on his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment