We were so happy to welcome my Dad and Betty as the first overnight guests at our new home. We managed to unpack almost all the boxes (just a few left to organize) and clean things up for their arrival. They drove from Minneapolis on Friday and arrived around 8:30 on Friday evening. We enjoyed catching up and retired for the evening. Saturday morning we woke up early and enjoyed a delicious breakfast. We then adventured to Lowes where we were treated to a fantastic housewarming present! We ventured home with the goods. Dad and Garrett quickly went to work on the installation and Betty and I decided we'd be more useful leaving the house rather than observing and commenting as they worked hard. Here are the before and after pictures!
After! This was done well before Dad and Betty came to town but since I'm doing a couple before and after pictures this seemed like a good time to display the finished product.
Before
After. Dad even helped us install a new dimmer switch (and by that I mean he did it for us) AWESOME!
After. The red door is still there. It is just behind our new screen door.Saturday night we enjoyed another delicious meal at Casa Vallarta. It is our favorite Mexican place. Sunday afternoon I was able to track down a natural stone company and Dad, Betty and I ventured to Littleton so they could purchase about 500 lbs of stone. Yes, they are hauling it to Albuquerque (to visit Amanda) and then back across the country to MN. It is very beautiful rock and I guaranteed them Garrett and I would NOT start transporting rock across the country because they found this place. Garrett stayed home to smoke a pork shoulder. It was a very good meal. Unfortunately, we left the windows open and did not expect it to be in the 90's. We had a very difficult time cooling the house down and finally the air condiditioning started to do what it was supposed to around 10 or 11. I hope we don't make that mistake again.
Garrett has the week off. Last week was the last of the summer weightlifting schedule and football starts next week. Garrett found out on Saturday afternoon that he will be the head 9th grade football coach!! I'm so proud of him. :) We have a double header for softball on Tuesday, Wednesday we are scheduled to have our roof replaced and on Friday I am having my dental surgery. I'm sad to be missing my 10 year class reunion but on the bright side I couldn't think of a way that I'd rather spend my weekend. Yes, that is sarcasm. I also received confirmation that the only medication that I will be taking will be a prescription strength anti-inflammatory, antibiotics and regular strength tylenol. Garrett could have his work cut out for him. I don't know who I feel worse for, myself or him???
I'll continue to post pictures of our house and yard as we make improvements. We're looking forward to making small changes with big impact!


Is it legal to smoke pork shoulder in Colorado? Hee hee ... hope all is well :)
ReplyDelete