Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday we hired movers to handle the "big furniture." Including; two queen size mattresses and box springs, 4 dressers, sofa, chair, ottoman, recliner, coffee table, 2 end tables, dining room table and 3 tv's including the Plasma. It wasn't cheap but moving out of a 3rd floor apartment it was worth every penny. We managed to move all the other boxes, bookshelf and everything else over the weekend. So, we're almost completely moved in to our new house and out of our apartment. There are still a few lamps and mostly just "stuff" lying around our old apartment. I will be cleaning this weekend while Garrett goes off to Winter Park for the annual Football coaches retreat. Not really a fair trade if you ask me.

We were so happy to be in our first home. It was really a very special night. I wish we hadn't been so exhausted. Our first meal (at a table and not sitting on the floor in the middle of painting) was Papa Murphy's with a salad and some cheesy bread. Not exactly what I would have imagined but neither of us could picture cooking and it was still a wonderful dinner to sit at our table in our house! It almost didn't feel real. I'm so glad it was real.

Hopefully we are able to get everything in order before our first visitors. My Dad and Betty will be driving out and will be here next weekend!!! Wow, this summer has really flown. I hope we're still able to go camping sometime this summer.

I will honestly try to post pictures once we have more boxes unpacked and stuff organized. Also, we will be getting a new roof tomorrow and can't put anything on the walls until after they are done with the roof. So, we'll take and post pictures once we have it properly set up! :)

Tonight we have softball. Tomorrow we are hoping to have the maiden voyage of our new grill and Thursday Garrett will be heading to Winter Park. It's already been a very busy week and month.

One last thing... my friend Stacey posted this link on her blog and it was one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen. Truly Amazing. The Littlest Heroes Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment