Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July....ALREADY!

We're already one full week into the month of July and I know I speak for both Garrett and myself in wondering where did June go? Home ownership is almost everything we hoped it would be. I guess we'll know once we're fully moved in. For those of you that are curious...so are we. We are hoping to move in the wknd of July 18. It really depends on if the carpet is installed by that time. We have successfully painted the basement, study and one of the guest rooms. I have to admit it is really nice that Garrett is able to paint during the day. Tonight we should have softball which means that I haven't painted at the house since last Thursday. Yikes. We believe our new carpet will be here next week and our new roof will be put on July 22. We were advised not to leave anything on the walls while the roofers are there. I think we can handle that!

We took the weekend off from house work to celebrate Renee coming to town. We had a great time but I was sad to see her go. Thursday we went out, Friday night we stayed in, and Saturday we went hung out by the pool playing cards with Jamie and then got ready to go to the Rockies game. I was a total tourist during the fireworks but I didn't really care. Afterwards we went out and it turned out that the bar Jamie and Garrett suggested was a Packer bar. FANTASTIC! Go Pack Go. Don't worry Mom and Krista I can see you rolling your eyes through the computer!

Sunday was just another day. Just kidding. It was my 28th birthday. Garrett made Lobster and Tuna steak with Green Beans and Mushrooms. Green Beans sauteed with mushrooms is my favorite! He also bought tickets to The Killers at Red Rocks in September. I am super excited to see my first concert at Red Rocks. Okay, so here are a few pictures from the weekend!

Thursday Night in Denver. We hit up Caldonia's. They had these amazing flash fried pickles. Delicious. I was finally able to order them with Renee since Garrett doesn't like pickles and the serving size is HUGE!


Flag for the 4th of July game. I cried twice during the game. Once for the paralyzed veterans. Once for Lou Gehrig's speech.

After several failed attempts at a self photo Renee offered to take one for us. Apparently Jamie wanted in on the action.

The firewords were amazing!

Renee enjoying a PBR at the Packer bar. Notice the Go Pack Go sign in the back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment