Friday, August 7, 2009

Today is the day

Today I will start the long process of replacing my teeth. I have not been looking forward to the upcoming surgery and given that my previous experience was almost 10 years ago, I don't remember enough to ease my mind. Also, last time I went under and this time they will be using a local anesthesia. My sister had an implant done two weeks ago and they used IV sedation. I asked about that option and my Dr.'s office doesn't think it is necessary.

To summarize what I will be doing from 1:20-3:30, I will be having 4 teeth removed. 2 implant screws placed for the bottom teeth and 2 bone grafts done on the top teeth to try and grow bone to have bone to place the screws into so that I can have implants on the top two teeth. It usually takes quite some time for the gums and tissue to heal so the crown will likely be placed 4-6 months after that. I'm feeling a little sad that my teeth don't weigh more. Imagine if my teeth weighed a couple pounds a piece I'd be 10 pounds lighter in 2 hours. :) Okay, so I'm also hoping my liquid diet will result in a few pounds lost as well. Wishful thinking I suppose. I'm leaving work in a couple hours to go home eat a light lunch and take my first anti-inflammatory pill.

I have found out that I can request more potent pain killers at my appointment this afternoon. I believe I will request more. I hope you all have a relaxing, safe, fun weekend.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I'd like to wish my future new cousin Ashley a very fun shower/bachelorette weekend. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you girls. Have a fantastic time and enjoy every moment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment