Monday, August 17, 2009

Last Weekend of Summer

Garrett and I were planning on having a date night on Friday night. Unfortunately, I came home from work with a monster headache and couldn't imagine trying to order something just with the idea that I could chew it. So, we postponed date night and had a lazy Friday night. I am feeling almost back to normal. I mostly just end up with headaches if I don't take anything during the day. So, a little preventative ibuprofen can go a long way these days. Garrett rented a few movies but since the Bronco's were playing we didn't watch either movie Friday and because of the Bar Mitzvah we didn't watch on Saturday either.

Saturday morning we went for a walk and got a little lost in a nearby development. We were able to figure out how to get back home but it was nice to wander a bit. After our walk we decided to tackle the weed situation in our yard. After a couple hours we got most of the weeds out and it looks a lot better. We also no longer have mini-trees coming through our deck! We also finally decided what photos from the wedding we wanted to put up. I had to pry Garrett away from watching the PGA Championship and I think we both ended up pretty happy with the compromise. He got to watch some golf and we got some stuff done around the house. We also hung up a few items that you probably saw in the previous blog post.

Saturday night we attended my boss' son's Bar Mitzvah. This was the first Bar Mitzvah I had ever attended and Garrett's second. We felt very much like outsiders during the ceremony and the reception was not like any party for a 13 year old that I've ever been to. I believe there were over 250 people there and it was quite the celebration. The ceremony started at 7:30 and we ate dinner around 10:00. We left shortly after dinner as that was quite late for us and I was starting to get another headache.

Sunday we decided to tackle the cardboard situation that had occured in our garage. We looked up the nearest cardboard recycling drop off and when we got there it was a small dumpster in an apartment community that is supposed to be open to the public. It was already full and we had Garrett's Durango nearly filled. After trying to figure out what to do and unsuccessfully finding another cardboard dumpster we ended up going back to our old apartment. As we started to unload I found a box that was shipped to us at our old apartment with the address still on it in case anyone asked us what we were doing. Luckily, we unloaded without incident. After that we went over to Garrett's mom's house where we picked up a hedge trimmer to use. We also picked up our pictures, bought some lawn fertilizer and a spreader and headed back home to catch the end of the PGA Championship. After that Garrett went out to mow and fertilize the lawn and then we finally watched one of the movies and called it a night.

Hopefully we have more exciting posts in the future. We are looking forward to heading to Durango over Labor Day Weekend. We will be renting a cabin and meeting Amanda and Mike there. We're calling it Labor Day Fun Fest or LDFF for short. I can't believe summer is basically over. I guess we'll just have to enjoy the beautiful Colorado weather this fall and winter that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment