Today is 15 weeks and I thought I would share more about the developments of the little one over the past week. I absolutely love getting these emails and can't wait to see what is happening. I don't want to jinx anything but it appears as though my nausea is getting better. I had one really bad day but other than that it's mostly been a general feeling of quesines throughout the day with lots of gags in the late afternoon. I have found that snacking helps but I don't know who can look at a saltine at this stage and think it looks appetizing so I've been having small portions of pretzels or plain potato chips or other not so good items from the vending machine. Mostly I eat healthy with lots of fruits and veggies so I'm giving myself some slack on the chips. So, as I said, I'm starting to gag less throughout the day...Hooray!
Here is the update from the Baby Center email (again the pronouns are not indicative of what we are having): Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")
We also got a bunch of books from Amazon yesterday that we decided to purchase. I bought Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care and Heading Home with your Newborn. Garrett got Be Prepared A Practical Handbook for New Dads. So far, Garrett's seems much more interesting while I'm just getting past the breastfeeding section. Not that it isn't useful but it seems that the men's variety seem to know that a little humor in addition to good knowledge doesn't hurt. I did read Belly Laughs and found Jenny McCarthy to be annoying.
In other BIG NEWS: I received a snoogle from my sister Amanda for my birthday. What is a snoogle you might ask?
Above is a lady with her snoogle. It is the most wonderful pillow I ever could have imagined. This is not something I would have bought for myself but it is AMAZING.

No comments:
Post a Comment