Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Fun!

Well, I can't believe the month of May has come and gone. Well, technically there is one day left but since I'm at work today...I'm calling it gone.

Amanda & Stella came up to visit for the weekend. Stella & Barney had lots of fun playing together in the backyard and I think they both successfully tired each other out. Amanda got here about 3:00 on Friday afternoon and I got home around 7.  Dinner was already prepared and we had a nice Fajita dinner.  We then decided to stay in and rented Valentine's Day.  Garrett was a trooper and even watched it with us. Amanda and I thought it was an okay movie with some very predictable parts but most Chick Flicks are so we enjoyed it.

Saturday we got up early and went to the gym.  After a shower we were off for Mani/Pedi's.  We then stopped for lunch in Cherry Creek at a place we went to after Wedding Dress shopping and had the same delightful appetizer- Fresh Mozzerella with Tomato.  Delicious! We then spent a full day shopping and found a few cute items for me for Vegas in 2 weeks. Well, less than that now. Saturday evening we went out for a trivia night with a few of Garrett's co-workers.  The 3 of us were a team and we were quite proud of our 4th place finish. 

Sunday Amanda and I headed up to Estes Park to check things out. The city of Estes Park was very busy with an Art Festival and not much for parking. Luckily Amanda snagged us a parking spot while I had to run to the bathroom. We had a nice lunch shopped around a bit and headed back home to catch a Matinee of Sex and the City 2.  After the movie we met up with Garrett for Dinner at P.F. Changs.

I should also mention that we ate more than I have in a long time and I did not get decent service at one place we went. Well, except for the place in Estes Park which really didn't have servers. P.F. Changs was horrible, Darcy's (where we went for Trivia) was awful, and the place we went for lunch in Cherry Creek was also disappointing  I should also mention that none of the places were particularly busy.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment