Monday, November 2, 2009
Happy Halloween from Barney
We had a very nice halloween and stayed home and passed out candy to Trick or Treaters. We bought A LOT of candy since this is the first year in our house and we had no idea how many we would get. We probably got about 50 kids. We had a few favorite moments. I told one little boy probably about 3-4 years old that I like his costume and he informed me that "i'm bumble bee from Twansfowmohrs" I'm not so good with the phonetic spelling if you can't tell. I also really enjoyed when we had a 10 year old walk up to the door. As he walked up (we had the front door open in order to reduce the number of doorbells) I quietly asked Garrett what the kid was supposed to be. Garrett went to the door since I had a sleeping Barney at my feet and after Garrett gave him candy he asked what he was supposed to be anyway. The kid paused and said uh, I'm stripe man. He was wearing a blue striped shirt and a striped scarf. Garrett responded that was a pretty weak costume but we had a good laugh.
Sunday we went back to Target and returned a bunch of candy. I then bought some nice Autumn decorations that were marked down by 50%. This is how I plan to stock up on decorations for the different seasons. Our first Thanksgiving and Christmas might be a little sparse but I'm doing it on a budget! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment