Thursday, November 12, 2009

Barney's First Play Date

It has been over a month since we neutered Barney and so we decided he was ready to meet some friends. We arranged to meet Ryan, Stefeni and their Whoodle Zoe at the Cherry Creek Dog Park. There is only one con in a long list of pros of why this dog park is great. It is a state park, so you have to pay $7 to park there in the late fall/winter and $8 in the spring/summer. We could purchase a state pass or keep parking on a residential street father away and walk in. (That's what we did this time). A parking pass is $60 so we're still thinking about it.

The initial meeting of the dogs was actually pretty funny. Of course there was the butt sniffing but Barney does tend to "box" at other dogs when he meets them. It's pretty cute and one of the great treats of having a boxer mix dog. Zoe is amazingly fast and Barney really had a hard time keeping up with her. Zoe appears to love the water and Barney doesn't really care for it. He did finally go in the stream to chase some of the other dogs but he didn't spend much time there. He preferred to hang out on the shore.

Also, I included some random photos of Barney because I didn't want to do an entire other post. I sound really lazy today.

Disclaimer: I'm still not very good at putting the pictures in the right order on here. You have to work backwards. Yikes. Rather than spend the five minutes re-uploading I'm just writing this disclaimer.
Zoe and Ryan. Zoe is a very muddy little girl here.

This is Barney's terrified look:
Hair on his back standing straight up- check.
Tail ALL the way between his legs- check.

Barney trying to keep up with Zoe. She is one fast little doggy.

This is just a random picture with Barney's new chew toy: a mallard. He loved it the moment he saw/heard it. It has a nice quacking sound, not the annoying squeeking sounds.

This is what I wish Barney would do on Saturday/Sunday mornings.

This is what he actually does. Seek and destroy.
Finds anything he's not supposed to have (here it is paper towels) and destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment