I'm always looking for new and fun things to do. I was looking for gift ideas for Carol for her birthday on my way to my haircut in Cherry Creek and happened upon this store:
Canvas and Cocktails. I thought this might be fun for us to do together and while I haven't picked up an artistic paintbrush since 7th grade...I was willing to give it a try.
If anyone wants to do this when you come visit me, I'd definitely be up for another class. I might even try to convince Garrett that it would be a fun date night. We'll see.

Here we are before the class. The girls across from us (who were very artistic by the way) were nice enough to take our picture.

Here is my self portrait of us. You can see in the background that they have bigger canvasses that you can upgrade to. We stuck with the size that comes with the price.
It is $35 to do this and they supply the aprons, brushes, paint and canvas. At this point it is BYOB due to liquor licensing issues but what a deal! The class started late (about 7:00 instead of 6:30) and we left a little after 9 with our masterpieces.

You can see the piece that we were supposed to be painting in the black frame in the back.

Here is my blank canvass. It was either better this way or only to be improved upon.

Carol's is in on the left and mine is on the right. Not too bad.
I probably won't be hanging it in the living room quite yet but I'll definitely go back for another try!

The art hanging on the wall is the different classes they have . You can also see the schedule on the website which I linked above.

Here are the kid canvasses. Kids can come in and paint too.
I think something like this might be cute for a nursery for all you expectant mothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment