Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our "Lexus"

I have many posts to add after the fantastic weekends in Seattle and Santa Monica. Those posts have pictures and I promise to attempt to get them up soon.

The good news is that Garrett and are only 15 days away from closing on our house. The bad news is that in 14 days I'll get the estimate on what it will cost to "fix" my teeth.

As most of you know, I have struggled with my teeth since junior high. A regular check up in 6th grade that resulted in tears streaming down my face as the dentist abrubtly told me I was missing 14 teeth has come full circle. My two dental implants that I had at the age of 19 are doing well. The bad news is that currently need 4 more. I knew that I would need at least 2 (if Libby is reading I need to replace the K & T) teeth immediately. From what I've gathered during my life as a dental patient-they letter your teeth as a child and number them when the permanent teeth have come in. I currently have implants and crowns for my #7 and #10 teeth. The teeth I need to have replaced are letters A, J, K and T. Basically the molars that are the 2nd teeth to the back. Like I said, K & T need to come out and I need to have work done soon. I am meeting with the Periodontal specialist on June 24 to find out how soon we can get started and how much we can expect to be spending. My dentist today estimated it would be near the cost of a Lexus. So my teeth will likely be our big expenditure (besides the house) for awhile. So among the items that I'm not likely to move forward with...vacations and trips home in the near future aren't looking likely. We're buying teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment