Well, we didn't officially close on our house but we did have reassurance from our mortgage broker and our Realtor that it will happen and soon. The sellers gave us permission to go over to the house and start getting it ready. I was hesitant since it isn't ours yet however our Realtor and mortgage guy told us that if it doesn't happen they will reimburse us the cost of anything we put into the house this weekend.
We got quite a bit done including cleaning and spackling all the walls except for the basement and the hall from the garage. We primed all of the colored walls (no more "red room" although it was kind of fun to say) and a few of the walls that were stained from having LOTS of little kids in the house. We found out that not only did the renters that were there for the last year have 4 kids but the neighbors next door that have 4 kids would often play at the house. We've confirmed all the paint colors and have decided on the carpet color. We have the grill in the garage and we are hoping to use it on Friday afternoon.
Today is also my big sister Krista's birthday. To celebrate here are some of my favorite pictures of us over the years:

Krista is my dance partner. She lets me lead and knows how to follow.


In Seattle for my Bridal Brunch.

Skiing in Winter Park. Black Friday 2008

Mom wanted to take a picture for Krista's 1st day of school. I think this would have been 1st or 2nd grade. I wouldn't put clothes on so my Mom took the picture anyway.

Doesn't Krista look thrilled that I fell asleep on her? Again.

I'm fairly certain this is me. I think Krista's too old for it to be Amanda.

Please notice Krista's sweet Wonder Woman attire.

I think I used Krista as a pillow quite a bit as a child. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment