Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Full time work- big time help!

On Friday April 1st, I moved from part-time work to full-time work.  I am so grateful for my co-workers and management team for allowing me to work part-time in March and for the tremendous amount of support I have felt since returning. It is definitely a big adjustment from work 26 hrs a week to 40. Garrett was on spring break the last week of March and then my Mom offered to come stay with us for my first official week back to help with the transition. 

I can't tell you how nice it was to have her here for the week. It wasn't just having her watch Audrey, it was having another person cheering me on. There isn't anything quite like your Mom when you need someone. I definitely needed her that week. I feel like I have always appreciated my Mom but when I became a  Mom it became much more obvious how important she has been in my life.  It's impossible to put into words how truly blessed I feel to have her and see her with my baby. 

Sadly, with this wonderful gift of time it had to come to an end. After an absolutely wonderful week, Mom went back to Seattle. I was quite sad to see her go but felt better knowing she will be back in just a little over a month.  Audrey really enjoyed spending time with her Grandma Kathey and I really enjoyed seeing the two of them together. There really isn't anything quite like seeing your Mom holding your Baby...well except maybe watching Mom make Audrey laugh!

Here are a few of my favorite photos:






1 comment:

  1. Agreed...once I became a mom I understood my mom and appreciated her on a whole new level! Glad you had a great visit and keep up the great work...working!!!

    ReplyDelete