So, as I near the halfway point of my pregnancy I thought I'd create a list of things I didn't expect even though I've had lots of friends that have been pregnant and after reading the books. They still didn't cover the more personal stuff. Don't worry I won't be getting graphic.
1. Nosebleeds- I had NO idea that I would be more likely to get nosebleeds during pregnancy. It's not every day but it's close and sometimes it's even twice in one day and none another day. Strange. It's like oh, I have a runny nose...no wait...that's a bloody nose. Bummer.
2. Adjusting- I didn't know that it would take me awhile to get used to seeing myself as a pregnant lady. It's weird to look in the mirror and think...I look pregnant. I remember thinking that when I would try clothes on and I wasn't even close.
3. Nicknames - The number of people that would call me Mama. I am totally okay with my friends and family saying it to me...I did not realize that co-workers would do it. Kind of strange.
4. Sleeping- I had NO idea how much of a back sleeper I am. I keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking I'm endangering our unborn child. Thank goodness for my Snoogle!
5. Bathroom Breaks- Now this one might seem silly because I knew that pregnant women went to the bathroom a lot. What I didn't realize would be how often I would think I'm about to burst only to go to the bathroom and think..."that's its? that's what had me so uncomfortable."
6. Feeling the Baby- I remember hearing my friends tell me how wonderful it is and it totally is...what I didn't realize was how infrequent it would be at first and how much I'd doubt whether or not I was actually feeling the baby. I'm now confident the baby is punching or kicking me. Lovingly of course.
Okay, I think that's pretty much it for now but if I remember more...I'll share.
No comments:
Post a Comment