The main reason for my trip back was to attend my cousin Tyler's wedding. Unfortunately, the whole family was not able to make the trip back but it was still very nice to see family. I especially wanted to see my Grandma. After the weekend in Duluth she went back to Seattle to spend the winter there. She is doing better after getting more rest and eating a little better. We are so lucky we have Sandy (Uncle Scott's wife) to play nurse. She is keeping Grandma's spirits up and we are so grateful. Grandma has a Dr's appointment on Friday with an oncologist and we are hoping and praying for good news.
On Friday morning I flew into Mpls and took the light rail to MOA to waste a few hours before my friends from Regis could meet me for lunch. I spent the time shoe shopping and looking for jewelry. I had luck with shoes...not so much with jewelry. I met up with Andee, Megan and Lori at CRAVE and really enjoyed lunch. It went too fast and I really miss that group so much. Unfortunately, my friend Tina was not able to join us as she had H1N1 at her house and with Andee and Megan having infants at home...it wasn't a good idea. I'll have to catch up with her next time.
After lunch Renee picked me up and we had a good laugh or two. The first came before we even left the mall I told her about the cutest shoes I saw. They were green crocodile leather pumps but all she heard were green crocs. I couldn't find the exact shoes I saw but I thought a visual aid might be nice.
I personally find it ridiculously funny that Renee would think that I would suggest she follow me to DSW so I could show her the monstrosity to the left. YIKES. So, after our brief visit to DSW we went over to Caribou near the airport to enjoy a coffee together and catch up. The original plan was for us to do something fun (like a manicure) and then she would drop me off at the airport so I could meet up with my Mom. Well, I checked my mom's flight status and it was actually half an hour early so I would have only had a few minutes with my pal. So, we decided to grab a coffee on HWY 7 on the way from the airport to I-35. It worked out perfectly. After a nice visit, Mom and Bob picked me up en route to Duluth.
I had decided to skip the rehearsal dinner and have dinner with some high school friends in Duluth. Corissa and Alyssa picked me up at my Mom's hotel and after catching up for a bit we met up with Renee at Blackwater Grill. There definitely wasn't anything like Blackwater when I was going to college there. There were cool tables with comfortable chairs, yummy food, and great drinks. We had a great time catching up and the evening flew by. Corissa was nice enough to bring me to my Dad's for the night and I was pleasantly surprised that my Dad had stayed up and was up when I arrived a little after 11.
I woke up early on Saturday so I could get as much time in with Dad and Betty as possible. So, we had a nice breakfast and enjoyed looking out at the strange view of the leaves changing color and falling to the ground. Around noon Dad and Betty brought me to Duluth and I grabbed lunch with Mom and Bob before heading to the wedding. The wedding was a very nice ceremony and it was fun to see Tyler and Meghan so happy. After the wedding Mom, Bob and I headed to the Depot a little early and decided to head up the road to grab a beer until the Reception started. The special at The Spot (the bar attached to The Incline Station) was $1.50 drafts all day Saturday. So, we were thrilled with that discovery. The reception was very nice and we had a fantastic time. The slide show was AMAZING. Meghan's mom did a fantastic job with it. We also were a little emotional as Grandma was not doing the best that weekend. We hope she is getting stronger being in Seattle. After the wedding, Amy and I soaked our feet in the tub and chatted for quite awhile. After a long night, I slept like a rock.

Tyler & Meghan during the Ceremony. Instead of a unity candle they did a sand ceremony. I believe they each took sand from their family cabins. Pretty unique.
The family at the wedding. Not pictured but at the wedding are Laura, Erika, Bob and Mike. They were taking the pictures.
Me and Ty during the Dollar Dance.
Sunday I headed for Black Bear Casino and I hitched a ride with Renee to Minneapolis. In Minneapolis we headed over to Heidi and Jason's house to meet their newest addition: Nolan. He is 4 months old and is the sweetest little boy. I wish I had looked better but after crying in the morning, I decided not to reapply my make-up and opted not to take any pictures of my first meeting of Nolan. We had a great time catching up. Thankfully, I'm able to see him grow and change before my eyes on Facebook. I hope I can make it back to Minnesota again. The time always goes too quickly!


No comments:
Post a Comment