Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Tad Intimidating






Well, today I am starting a blog. I am very intimidated because I have a few friends that are quite talented at blogging and I am a novice. Bear with me as I learn the tricks of the trade. I tend to get jumbled so I think I will categorize the different parts of my posts:

Wedding:
We have gotten our pictures back! I have been selectively sharing some photos via facebook but we are waiting to copy the DVD's and get them to our parents before we let the rest of the world see them. Call me old fashioned but I think our families should see the photos before some of the random people I consider friends on Facebook. Once I get the DVD's to the appropriate people I will be posting more pictures here and on Facebook.

Softball:
Garrett and I started playing with a coed team from Garrett's school. Our first attempt really made me miss playing with my last team. We'll just say our team name (Rock Hard) would be more appropriate if it said something along the lines of we got Rocked Hard. First Score: 20-3. I did however bat 1.000 and get an RBI.

House Hunting:
We have recently begun the process of searching for a home. We have looked at a few houses and have not found any worth taking a second look at. We are looking forward to seeing a house that is not yet on the market this afternoon.

Baseball:
Garrett's baseball season has come to a close with the Varsity losing in the state tournament. We attended a nice (but long) end of season banquet on Thursday. Friday Garrett went to the state tournament for the 12:00 game and the team that we are used to seeing did not show up. Saturday we went to see the second game of the tournament and they lost in extra innings. A disappointment but they didn't play the way they could have. So, that concludes my first HS baseball season in Colorado. All in all pretty enjoyable!


Wedding Season:
I attended my friend Stacey's Bachelorette Party this weekend. We started the evening with Dips and Gifts at Stacey's friend Allison's house. It was really nice getting to know some of Stacey's friends and I even saw a girl that I was on the track team with at UMD there. Jackie Hjelden (sp?). It is a small, small world. We then went out for a delicious dinner at Rioja's in Downtown Denver followed by Impulse Comedy Club and then a few additional stops. Garrett picked me up around 12:30 and I was so grateful to have him picking me up in the rain! We are very much looking forward to Stacey and Mike's wedding in 2 weeks, followed by me traveling to Seattle for Cary and Jeff's nuptials and then Garrett and I will be traveling the next weekend to Santa Monica for Anthony and Caitlin's wedding. We are looking forward to all the upcoming events!

Mother's Day:
On Sunday, Garrett and I did some much needed cleaning of our apartment. We then picked Garrett's Mom (Carol) up and took her to a movie. We (Carol and I) had a great time watching Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, Garrett enjoyed it about as much as we could have possibly hoped for. I hit a new low in my ability to cry at the tv, movies etc when I cried while watching a preview for My Sister's Keeper. I feel as though that was the cause of my being so emotional while watching the chick flick. (I cried several times). Garrett's reaction was once again: You're ridiculous. Even I have to admit this was a new low for me. Later we had Garrett's grandparents over for delicious Fajita's and Margarita's (courtesy of Duane and Juanita)! We had a nice day and definitely had a fun filled weekend!

So, with that I sign off my first blog entry. I hope you enjoyed what we've been up to the last week or so. Hopefully we'll be able to share good news and other life updates through this new method. Maybe I can even talk Garrett into posting sometimes!

The Welfares
(Okay, so I wrote the whole thing but like I said, I'm learning how to do this whole blogging thing)!


No comments:

Post a Comment