Sunday, November 27, 2011

Missing Gramma Alma

Today would have been Gramma Alma's 89th Birthday. I think about her all the time. I think about her sayings, the way she didn't like comedies because she usually didn't get the jokes but she had a fantastic sense of humor. I think about the last Christmas where she was taking pictures and she'd move the camera after the first flash and probably took about 50+ pictures of the floor.  

I miss her so much. I talk about her to Audrey and I point her out to Audrey from the picture of our families from the wedding. Here are a few things I know...someday I'll teach Audrey to play double solitaire and another day we'll watch an Elvis movie and I'll tell her about her Great Gramma Alma and how truly special she made everyone feel. I think Audrey was lucky enough to get her Great Gramma Alma's beautiful eyes. :) The truth is, I know she's not really gone because she is so firmly in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment