Today it was the start of a new adventure for 3 of us. I went back to work at Intuit and Carol and
Audrey enjoyed their first day of Grandma Daycare. Carol has babysat a few times for us so that she and Audrey would be used to spending time together but this was the first official day. Carol confessed she was nervous to be late "for work" and even left early. I left for work about 9 and managed not to cry as I walked out the door. It was emotional but it was much easier to leave my daughter with someone that I know loves her (almost) as much as we do. :)
I kissed Audrey and she gave me a smile and I knew everything would be okay. When I stepped into the garage I took a big sigh and off to work I went.
I teared up pulling out of the driveway but fought back and decided that I had to be stronger. Once I was at work it was much easier to not think about being away from her and just catch up on things at work. It took me quite awhile to figure out what has changed and I finally took/made some calls and managed to make a sale. I didn't make many calls so my goal for today was just to get back into the swing of things and be ready to hit it hard tomorrow.
I am so fortunate that my company and manager are very understanding. They want my transition back to be as easy as possible so my manager allowed me to set my own schedule. I'll be working 24 hours a week for this month and I'll go back to 40/week in April. I had a very warm welcome back and it's nice to have so many friendly faces and people that missed you. I am looking forward to going back tomorrow. Like I said, it makes it much easier for me to enjoy my time at work knowing that Audrey is in very good hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment