Monday, February 21, 2011

Audrey's Seattle Trip

Audrey and I took our first trip together. She was a perfect travel companion (with the exception of the walk from Security to the gate). Mommy didn't time it as well as I thought I did and she was hungry. After giving her a little snack to appease her until take-off we were able to change her diaper, grab a water and a to-go sandwich and get in line to board the plane. After arriving in Seattle I quickly discovered that my suitcase did not make it. I went to the Southwest luggage area and the guy working went out to the baggage carousel and picked up a suitcase with my name on it. It was not mine. He asked me several times and I finally showed him the other tag on the bag and it was not my information.  The bag of the girl that checked in next to me was tagged as my bag and vice versa. I guess I was so concerned about the carseat and base making it okay that I didn't watch them tag my bag.  The guy at the luggage counter told me that I could buy supplies for the night up to $50 and if I kept my receipt they would write me a check. My bag was found in Hartford, CT and we decided to pick it up at noon the next day rather than wait for delivery. By picking it up I also get a $50 travel voucher to use sometime in the next year. I have to say I was really impressed with the way Southwest handled everything and while I thought I really liked Southwest before they really won me over this trip. 

Friday Mom and I went to Southcenter to show Audrey off to a couple ladies my Mom used to work with and I was hoping to find a new pair of jeans. I struck out on the jeans but decided to buy some make-up instead. I decided that if I don't love the way I fit in my clothes-I'll spend more so that I like my hair and make-up. :)  I am putting all the photos from the trip into a collage. We were so happy to meet up with my college roommate Erin and her little boy Mauer. Mauer turned 1 at the end of January. We were also very happy to have Audrey meet her cousin Hudson. Hudson will be 1 in May. Amy and Mat had a dinner party that night so they weren't able to come over but Amy stopped over with Hudson earlier in the afternoon. Audrey was a big hit and I don't really think Uncle Scott wanted to share her. As you can see in the collage below there are several photos of Audrey and her Great Uncle Scott. I actually took a few out. He held her every chance he got.


I do apologize for the lack of posts. I don't have a whole lot of spare time during the day. When Audrey is sleeping on her own I tend to prioritize showering and cleaning up over blogging. I have lots of pictures and when I get a chance I hope to bring this blog up to date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment